In 1891 Pope Leo XIII wrote a papal encyclical entitled ‘Rerum Novarum’ which has shaped much of Roman Catholic social teaching since that time. What does it teach? Is it hostile to capitalism like the teachings of the current Pope Francis? How are the teachings of the Jesuit priest Luigi Taparelli, social justice and Pope Leo XIII connected? What form of government does Rome favour and often support?
- #283 Newsweek Surprised Evangelicals Reject Roman Catholicism
- #282 Desiring God’s Works Salvation and Racist Identity Politics with Lecrae
- #281 John Piper’s Corruption of the Gospel
- #280 UKIP and Nigel Farage: Critics of Islamic Faith not Welcome
- #279 More Rick Warren Ecumenism with Rome and Modern Protestantism’s Anti-Reformation Theology