On tonight’s programme we look at the covenant God made with Adam in the Garden of Eden and how it is different to the Covenant of Grace made with sinners after the fall of man. Is it important? We also briefly discuss how the New Perspective on Paul, Federal Vision and men like John Piper reject this. How could it affect your theology and your understanding of the gospel?
On tonight’s programme we look at comments made by Francis Chan to Charisma. How should we deal with those who speak with Christian leaders we don’t agree with? What is ‘evangelicalism’? We also look at ‘how should we critique our brethren in Christ?’
On tonight’s programme we respond to John Piper’s podcast episode 1166 of Ask Pastor John with the question of ‘Will We Be Finally ‘Saved’ by Faith Alone?’
On tonight’s programme we have been joined by R. Scott Clark to discuss the modern justification controversy and its roots in history. R. Scott Clark has been a minister in the United Reformed Churches in North America since 1998, and he is Professor of Church History and Historical Theology at Westminster Seminary California. We discuss some of the roots of the controversy found in the Reformation, Richard Baxter, Norman Shepherd, the New Perspective on Paul, Federal Vision theology, Covenant theology, Covenant Nomism and other related issues.
On the final show of 2017 we are joined by Brandon Lochridge of Full Armor Radio to talk about the top stories of the year.
The topics discussed include:
• Bethel Church/Bill Johnson/Nabeel Qureshi
• The Shack Movie
• Socialism and the SJW movement (CNN calls Thomas the Tank Engine & Paw Patrol ‘Fascist’)
• Trump’s first year as president
• James White and Interfaith Dialogue
• The rise of homosexuality in the church
• Sola Fide/The Doctrine of Justification
• 500 years of the Reformation
• The Houston Free Will Debate
• Pulpit & Pen/JD Hall
• Hank Hanegraaff & Eastern Orthodoxy
• The death of Hugh Hefner
• R.C. Sproul’s passing and his influence
• Eugene Peterson’s Retraction of Support for Same-Sex Marriage
• Perry Noble and unqualified Pastors