On tonight’s programme we have been joined by R. Scott Clark to discuss the modern justification controversy and its roots in history. R. Scott Clark has been a minister in the United Reformed Churches in North America since 1998, and he is Professor of Church History and Historical Theology at Westminster Seminary California. We discuss some of the roots of the controversy found in the Reformation, Richard Baxter, Norman Shepherd, the New Perspective on Paul, Federal Vision theology, Covenant theology, Covenant Nomism and other related issues.
On the final show of 2017 we are joined by Brandon Lochridge of Full Armor Radio to talk about the top stories of the year.
The topics discussed include:
• Bethel Church/Bill Johnson/Nabeel Qureshi
• The Shack Movie
• Socialism and the SJW movement (CNN calls Thomas the Tank Engine & Paw Patrol ‘Fascist’)
• Trump’s first year as president
• James White and Interfaith Dialogue
• The rise of homosexuality in the church
• Sola Fide/The Doctrine of Justification
• 500 years of the Reformation
• The Houston Free Will Debate
• Pulpit & Pen/JD Hall
• Hank Hanegraaff & Eastern Orthodoxy
• The death of Hugh Hefner
• R.C. Sproul’s passing and his influence
• Eugene Peterson’s Retraction of Support for Same-Sex Marriage
• Perry Noble and unqualified Pastors
On tonight’s programme we look at the doctrine of Justification. Why is it important? What are the consequences of its neglect? What does the Church of Rome teach on Justification as revealed in the Council of Trent? What are the modern threats to the doctrine found within professing Reformed churches?
Also Paul makes a brief statement on why Megiddo Radio is no longer on the WVW Broadcast Network.